TM 10-1670-280-23&P 0013 00
(3) Remove the taped webbing length from the webbing strap and cut the webbing into two equal
lengths with six (6) connector links on each length. Rotate connector links inboard and tie the
connector link assemblies together with the webbing length.
(4) Secure the ties with a surgeons knot and a locking knot.
(5) Trim tie ends to 2-inches.
(6) Cut two lengths of kraft paper, 14-inches by 28-inches. Wrap each group of connector links with
two turns single of the kraft paper. Secure the kraft paper with one turn single of thread ticket No.
8/4 cotton orange on each side of the connector links.
(7) Secure ties with a surgeons knot and locking knot.
(8) Trim tie ends to two-inches.
d. Suspension riser.
(1) Beginning at a point 5-feet below the connector link assemblies and at 10-foot intervals
thereafter, tie the suspension risers together using one turn single, ticket No. 8/4 cotton orange
thread at each point. Make the last tie at a point 5-feet above the suspension clevis attaching