TM 10-1670-280-23&P 0046 00
DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
100-FOOT DIAMETER CARGO PARACHUTE
THIS TASK COVERS:
Sewing Machine, Light-Duty (Item 23, WP 0050 00)
Sewing Machine, Light-Duty Zig-Zag (Item 23, WP 0050 00)
Shears (Item 24, WP 0050 00)
Yardstick (Item 26, WP 0050 00)
Marking, Aid (Item 21/22, WP 0059 00)
Thread, Nylon, Size E (Item 41/42, WP 0059 00)
Webbing, Nylon, Type I (Item 48/49, WP 0059 00)
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Unpacked, laid flat on repair table.
WP 0040 00; WP 0041 00
If V-tab requires replacement, proceed as follows:
1. Position the canopy assembly on a repair table or other repair surface and turn the inside of the lower
lateral band to the outside to place the damaged V-tab facing up.
2. Using an authorized marking aid of contrasting color, mark the suspension line that is contained within the
damaged V-tab at the point where the line intersects the lower edge of the lower lateral band.
3. Remove the affected V-tab from the canopy by cutting the stitching securing the V-tab to the lower lateral
band and the suspension line.
4. Using nylon webbing, type I, cut a 5-inch length of material and sear the ends (WP 0041 00, SEARING
5. Center the material lengthwise under the applicable suspension line, placing the upper edge of the
material immediately adjacent to the lower edge of the lower lateral band.
6. Working from opposite directions, pass each end of the material length over the top of the suspension
7. Draw the ends snug to develop a tight wrap around the line and to form a V-shaped design on the lower
lateral band inside.
8. Secure each end of the replacement V-tab to the lower lateral band inside with temporary tacking. The
temporary tacking will be made using the procedures in WP 0040 00, SEWING PROCEDURES .