TM 10-1670-280-23&P 0003 00
a. Using a suitable blue or black marking device, enter NEW BOOK at the top of the inside front cover of
the replacement log record.
b. Accomplish the log record inside front cover as detailed above.
c. The age life of the canopy will be obtained from the date of manufacture or, if available, the date the
canopy was placed into service as indicated on the canopy information data block. Enter the date
placed in service (initial) and other applicable data on the JUMP, INSPECTION, AND REPACK DATA
page of the log record as detailed above. Enter IN if date placed in service is known. If unknown,
d. If it can be ascertained by inspection that a previous Modification Work Order (MWO) has been
complied with, applicable entries will be made on the appropriate page of the replacement log record.
e. Attach the replacement log record to the log record/inspection data pocket using the procedures
RECEIPT OF USED PARACHUTE
Upon initial receipt of used parachute proceed as follows:
1. Follow procedures given in INITIAL RECEIPT detailed above, and check each component for excessive
wear and tear.
2. If defects or damages are discovered, process the parachute for maintenance at the maintenance level
assigned by the MAC (WP 0050 00).
When a parachute is received at the maintenance activity following its use during airdrop, it must be given a
shakeout and aired (WP 0007 00), and, if necessary, cleaned (WP 0008 00) before it can be returned to
service. If a parachute is issued but not used, it does not need to be given a shakeout; however, it must be
aired if it has been subjected to conditions of dampness.
CHECKING UNPACKED EQUIPMENT AFTER SHIPMENT
1. Inspect equipment for damage incurred during shipment. If the equipment has been damaged, report the
damage on a SF 361, Transportation Discrepancy Report (TDR).
2. Check the equipment against the packing slip to see if the shipment is complete. Report all discrepancies
in accordance with the instructions in DA PAM 738-750. Marine Corps personnel refer to MCO 4430.3.
3. Check to see whether the equipment has been modified.
END OF WORK PACKAGE