TM 10-1670-280-23&P 0060 00
100-FOOT DIAMETER, CARGO PARACHUTE
ILLUSTRATED LIST OF MANUFACTURED ITEMS
Reefing Line Fabrication Procedure
Fabricate a reefing line for the G-11C cargo parachute in accordance with the illustration below.
1. Cut a 10-foot 9-inch length of type IV coreless nylon cored for each line (2 required).
2. Taper cut both ends.
3. Using a marking aid, mark cord at points 3-, 7-, and 10-inches from each tapered end.
4. Starting at one end, insert splicing aid into cord casing at 10-inch mark, pass up through cord casing
and to outside at 7-inch mark.
5. Insert cord tapered end into eye of splicing aid.
6. Pull splicing aid and cord tapered end through cord casing until 3- and 7-inch marks are aligned.
7. Holding aligned marks together, pull splicing aid and cord tapered end to outside at 10-inch mark.
8. Remove cored tapered end from splicing aid. While holding 3- and 7-inch marks together, pull cord at
point below 10-inch mark to allow cord tapered end to withdraw into cord casing.
9. Beginning at the aligned 3- and 7-inch marks, secure formed loop by stitching a 1/8-inch wide, 3-inch
long row of zig-zag stitching using size E nylon thread. Stitching will be 7 to 11 stitches per inch
(refer to illustration below).
10. Repeat steps 4. through 9., above, for other end of cord.
Reefing Line Fabrication