TM 10-1670-280-23&P 0011 00
PREPARING PARACHUTE FOR PROPER LAYOUT
Prepare the parachute as follows:
1. Prepare the parachute for proper layout by positioning the canopy in an elongated manner on a suitable
packing surface, with the vent lines located next to a stationary post and the suspension risers near a
2. Remove the reefing line cutter tags and cotter pins from the log record book pocket.
3. Remove the center line for Before Use inspection.
4. To complete proper layout, ensure canopy inversions are removed, suspension lines are in proper layout,
and turn, tangles and twits are removed.
REMOVING CANOPY INVERSION
To remove an inversion, proceed as follows:
1. Inspect the canopy vent lines to determine if the canopy is inverted. (If the vent lines are located on the
inside of the upper lateral band, the canopy is inverted.)
2. To remove the inversion, lift the canopy skirt and walk up through the canopy to the vent area.