ARMY TM 10-1670-281-23&P
AIR FORCE T.O. 13C5-32-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-32
2-27. Patching a Radial Seam (cont).
Figure 2-119. Radial Seam Patching.
(3) Make a 1-inch fold-under on each end of the patch material and baste each fold-under using the
procedures in paragraph 2,-19.
(4) Center the patch lengthwise over the damaged area with the folded edges facing down. Secure the
patch to the canopy with pushpins and baste the patch to the canopy using the procedures in
(5) Remove the pins-securing the canopy-to the repair table. Secure the patch to the radial seam by
stitching, using the procedures in paragraph 2-19, with a light-duty sewing machine-and .size E nylon
thread, 7 to 11 stitches per inch. Sew the radial seam patch with four rows of stitching.
(6) When applicable, repeat the stitching procedures in step (5), above, on the opposite side of the radial
(7) Reposition in their original locations the items removed or laid aside in step b(2), above. Reattach
each item to the canopy by restitching in accordance with original construction details and-paragraph
2-19. Stitch with a light-duty sewing machine and size E nylon thread, 7 to 11 stitches per inch.