ARMY TM 10-1670-281-23&P
AIR FORCE T.O. 13C5-32-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-32
2-29. Pocket Band.
This task covers:
Knife, Hem 4, Appendix B
Cleaned, paragraph 2-12
Knife, Hot Metal, Item 5, Appendix B
Inspected, paragraphs 2-9, paragraph 2-13
Sewing Machine, Light-Duty, Item 16, Appendix B
Unpacked, laid flat on repair surface
Sewing Machine, Zig-Zag, Item 17, Appendix B
Shears, Item 14, Appendix B
Yardstick, Item 24, Appendix B
Thread. Size E Item 39/40, Appendix D
Cord, Nylon, Type IV, Item 16, Appendix D
a. Repair. Stitch and restitch (para. 2-19) with size E thread which matches the color of original
stitching, when possible. Lock all zig-zag stitching at least 1/2 inch. Restitch directly over the original stitching,
following the original stitch pattern as closely as possible.
b. Replace. Replace an unserviceable pocket band by fabricating as follows:
(1) Using a marking aid, mark canopy at each end of original pocket band.
(2) Cut stitching on both ends of the original pocket band and remove pocket band from canopy skirt.
(3) Cut 7 7/8-inch length of type IV coreless nylon cord and sear ends (para. 2-20).
(4) Position cord length in original pocket band location.
(5) Using a zig-zag sewing machine and size E nylon thread, secure each end of the replacement
pocket band by stitching a 2 1/4-inch long row of double-throw zig-zag stitching, 7 to 11 stitches per
inch, in accordance with the details of figure 2-121.