ARMY TM 10-1670-281-23&P
AIR FORCE T.O. 13C5-32-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-32
This task covers:
a. Routine Inspection. A routine inspection is a visual check performed to ascertain the serviceability of
all visible components of a parachute that is packed or rigged for use. The inspection will be made on all
components that can be inspected without opening the parachute pack. This inspection will be administered by
a parachute rigger prior to use. Parachutes issued for an air delivery operation and not deployed will receive a
routine inspection prior to being placed into ready-for-issue storage.
b. Pack-in-Process Inspection. A pack-in-process inspection is performed at specified intervals during
the packing of a parachute to insure that only authorized procedures and methods are being used. The
inspection will be accomplished by a parachute supervisor other than the packer or rigger preparing the
applicable equipment for use. The intervals at which the inspection is performed is as follows:
(1) After the canopy is placed in proper layout.
(2) After center line is installed (G-12E).
(3) After gore folding is completed.
(4) After the canopy, suspension lines, and connector link ties are completed.
(5) After canopy stowage is completed.
(6) After stowage of suspension lines, center line (G-12E) and risers is completed.
(7) After the deployment bag is closed and suspension lines and risers are laced.
c. Modified/Ripper-Type Inspection Procedures. Perform inspection as follows:
(1) Overall inspection. An overall inspection will be made on the 64-Foot Cargo parachute to ascertain
(a) Log record/parachute inspection data pocket and form. As applicable, inspect the assembly
log record/parachute inspection data pocket to insure the Army Parachute Log Record (DA Form 10-42 or
3912) is enclosed and properly attached as prescribed in paragraph 24d. Further, remove the log record from
the pocket and evaluate the recorded entries to insure compliance with paragraph 2-4e.
(b) Assembly completeness. Insure that the applicable assembly is complete and no
components or parts are missing.