ARMY TM 10-1670-282-23&P
AIR FORCE T.O. 13C5-30-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-33
Static Line Retaining Strap.
This task covers:
Pot, Melting, Item 14, Appendix B I
inspected (paragraph 2-9,2-13)
Knife, Item 5, Appendix B
Cleaned (paragraph 2-12)
Knife, Hot Metal, Item 6, Appendix B
Laid out on work table
Sewing Machine, Medium Duty, Item 20, Appendix B
Yardstick, Item 25, Appendix B
Wax, Item 2, Appendix D
Webbing, Cotton, Type III, 1-Inch Wide, Item 31,
Thread, Nylon, Size E, Item 23/24, Appendix D
Stitching. Stitch and restitch broken or loose stitching using medium duty sewing machine with size E nylon thread
which matches the color of the original stitching, when possible. Restitch by overstitching each end of the stitch formation
by 1/2 inch.
Replace. Replace a damaged static line retaining strap by fabricating as follows:
(1) Remove the original static line retaining strap by cutting the stitching which secures the strap to the pack
(2) Cut a 10 1/2-inch length of 1-inch wide, cotton webbing and wax the ends.
(3) Make a 1 1/4-inch long foldback on each of the webbing length and position the webbing in the original strap
location with foldback ends facing down.
(4) Secure each folded end of the strap to the pack retaining strap by stitching a 1-inch long single-X-box-stitch
formation with two double ends according to the details In figure 2-65.
(5) Secure the center of the replacement strap to the pack reinforcing strap by making three rows of stitching
laterally across the webbing width. Stitching will be made in accordance with paragraph 2-17 and using the
specifics in table 2-3.