ARMY TM 10-1670-282-23&P
AIR FORCE T.O. 13C5-30-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-33
Accordion Folding/Rigger Rolling.
Accordion Folding. Personnel parachute canopy assemblies that are not packed for use should be accordion
folded prior to entry into storage. To accordion fold a parachute canopy assembly, perform the following:
(1) Place the parachute canopy in proper layout under partial tension and dress the outside edges of both gore
(2) Fold the left group of gores over the right group of gores (A, figure 2-68). Release tension.
(3) "Daisy Chain" the suspension lines and S-fold the "chained lines on top of the applicable parachute pack (B,
(4) Place the lower end of the canopy on top of the S-folded suspension lines and locate the lower edge of the
canopy skirt at the lower end of the pack.
(5) Accordion fold the remaining canopy length neatly on top of the canopy lower end (C, figure 2-68). Turn the
canopy vent under the last fold.
(6) Temporarily secure the folded canopy to the pack with available webbing (D, figure 2-68).
(7) Upon completion of the accordion folding process, place the folded parachute assembly in a suitable type
container for storage.