ARMY TM 10-1670-282-23&P
AIR FORCE T.O. 13C5-30-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-33
Figure 2-15. Proper Layout.
Folding the Gores.
(1) Apply tension to the canopy assembly.
(2) Pick up the right group of suspension lines (lines 17 through 32) with the left hand, and while holding the top
center gore in position with the right hand (figure 2-16), flip the right group of gores over the left group of gores.
During the gore flipping process, simultaneously pull the bottom center gore to the right side of the table.
(3) Using the right hand, pick up line 17, pull the line to the right side of the table, and place the line between the
thumb and forefinger of the right hand.
(4) With the thumb and forefinger of the left hand, raise line 18 to expose the gore between lines 17 and 18 (figure 2-
(5) Move line 18 to the right table edge in a manner which allows the gore between lines 17 and 18 to fold neatly and
drape over the right edge of the table (figure 2-18). Place line 18 in the right hand on top of line 17.
(6) Repeat proceduresl4)and(5)above for each succeeding line in the right group until gore 32 is folded. Scissor the
right suspension line group between the middle finger and the forefinger of the right hand (figure 2-19). Rotate the
hand one-quarter turn clockwise.