ARMY TM 10-1670-282-23&P
AIR FORCE T.O. 13C5-302
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-33
Cut a length of type IA coreless nylon cord 3 inches longer than an adjacent suspension line and wax one
Using a suitable marking aid, mark the cord length at a point 3 inches from the waxed end.
Pass the waxed cord end through the suspension line reinforcing loop and position the cord end in the
original suspension line upper end location on the canopy skirt.
A line the cord mark with the lower edge of the skirt reinforcement (lower lateral band).
Secure the positioned cord end to the radial tape and the reinforcing loop by stitching a 1/8-inch wide row of
double-throw zig-zag stitching to a point 1/4 inch below the reinforcing loop (A, figure 2-52). Stitching will be
made using the specifics in table 2-2.
Restitch the V-tab (suspension line reinforcing loop) as prescribed in paragraph 2-28.
(10) Apply partial tension to the suspension lines and measure the replacement line under equal tension with an
(11) Using a suitable marking aid, mark the replacement line at the upper edge of the applicable riser strap.
(12) At a point 3 inches below the mark made in 7 above, cut and remove any excess cord length. Wax the line
(13) Place the lower end of the line length in the original suspension line location on the riser strap and a line the
mark made in 11 above, with the riser strap upper edge.
(14) Secure the lower end of the suspension line to the riser strap by stitching a 1/8-inch wide by 3-inch long row
of double-throw zig-zag stitching (B, figure 2-52), using the specifics in table 2-3.
(15) Install a suspension line reinforcement over the suspension lines and around the riser strap as outlined in