EXRACTION LINE PANEL 0003 00
SERVICE AND REPAIR FOR EXTRACTION LINE PANEL
0003 00-3/(4 Blank)
1. Suspend or elevate in a well-ventilated room or in a heated drying room.
2. Using electrical circulating fans may reduce drying time.
3. When heat is used, the heat temperature shall not exceed 160 °F (73 °C). The preferred temperature is
140° F (60 °C).
4. Fabric items will not be dried in direct sunlight or by laying an item out on the ground, except in an
1. Use contrasting color thread to original thread and fabric to be restitched.
A thread color matching original thread and fabric may be used when
contrasting thread is not available providing the thread is size 3.
2. Restitching shall be directly over original stitching following the original stitch pattern as closely as possible.
3. Restitch Extraction Line Panel with size 3 nylon thread.
4. Lock each end of restitching by at least 2 inches.
Each Extraction Line Panel may be darned an unlimited number of times
using instructions below.
1. Darn a hole or tear in Extraction Line Panel, which does not exceed ¾-inch in length or diameter.
2. Use authorized marking aid of contrast color and mark a square around damage area. Insure marking is at
least ¼-inch back from each edge of damaged area. Mark with warp and fill of material.
3. Darn damaged area with size E nylon thread using darning machine. Darn area by sewing material in a
back and forth manner, allowing stitching to run with warp or fill of material.
4. Turn material and stitch back and forth across stitching made in above paragraph until hole or tear is
5. Restencil mark original information data as applicable (see WP 0004 00).
END OF WORK PACKAGE