4. Repeat the procedures in steps 1. through 3., above, twice, using fresh, clean water for each rinse.
5. After the third rinse, allow the parachute assembly to drain thoroughly. Upon completion of draining,
dry the assembly in accordance with the Drying Fabric Items procedures detailed below.
6. When dried, perform a technical/rigger-type inspection of the parachute assembly. Corroded metal
components, or corrosion-stained fabrics or suspension lines, will be either repaired or replaced as
prescribed by the Maintenance Allocation Chart (MAC) in WP 0063 00.
7. Record any repair, immersion, and rinsing in the parachute log record as shown in WP 0004 00.
Rinsing Parachute Assembly Immersed in Fresh-Water. Any parachute, or its components, that has
been immersed in a fresh water lake, river, or stream will not require rinsing unless it has been
ascertained that the water is dirty, oily, or otherwise contaminated. Procedures for handling a fresh water
immersed parachute are as follows:
1. Contaminated fresh-water. If the parachute, or its components, has been immersed in contaminated
fresh water, rinse and dry (see Rinsing Parachute Assembly Immersed in Salt-Water, above), and, if
2. Uncontaminated fresh-water. If the parachute, or its components, has been immersed in
uncontaminated fresh water, it will be cleaned and dried as outlined in Cleaning Fabric Items With a
Solution of Hand Dishwashing Compound, Drying Fabric Items, and Cleaning Metal Items, in the
detailed paragraphs above and below. Minor discoloration of fabric items, resulting from immersion in
uncontaminated fresh water, may occur.
Fabric items will not be dried in direct sunlight or by laying an item
on the ground.
Drying Fabric Items. Dry fabric items as follows:
1. Suspend or elevate the item in a well-ventilated room or in a heated drying room.
2. Using electric circulating fans may reduce drying time.
3. When heat is used, the heat temperature shall not exceed 160 degrees Fahrenheit (71 degrees
Celsius). The preferred temperature is 140 degrees Fahrenheit (60 degrees Celsius).
END OF WORK PACKAGE