16. Re-close the container IAW the CLOSING CONTAINER procedures detailed above. Reinsert the
ripcord pin-threading pin through eye of power cable.
STROKE SIMULATOR TEST
Conduct a Stroke Simulator Test for the MC-4 with a Main Mounted AR2 as follows:
The Stroke Simulator must be able to pull the main ripcord pin
positively and completely to ensure adequate travel of the AR2
power cable. Inadequate travel of the AR2 power cable may cause
the parachute to not deploy, resulting in serious injury or death of
The Stroke Simulator Test (power cable length of travel) will be
performed each time a power cable is installed on the
harness/container, each time the main parachute is initially placed in
service, when the AR2 has actuated during a jump, and whenever
the main closing loop has been replaced.
If ripcord pin fails to pull completely, check the length of the main
closing loop, condition of the Navy stiffener, power cable housing
and routing of power cable assembly.
1. Test routing and installation of the power cable assembly in the parachute harness/container while
the harness/container is being worn in the normal fashion.
2. Connect stroke simulator to power cable assembly in place of the AR2.
3. Firmly hold stroke simulator adjacent to the AR2 pocket in a vertical orientation (i.e. stroke simulator
plunger pointing down).
4. With assistance from another individual, carefully attach a 33-pound weight to the stroke simulator
plunger and very slowly remove your hand from under the weight to allow the weight to be slowly
transferred to the stroke simulator.
5. The weight must completely withdraw the ripcord pin within the available stroke.
6. Maintain control of the main pilot chute in an effort to prevent the entire contents of the main
parachute from falling to the floor.
7. If the 33-pound weight hesitates or fails to pull the ripcord pins, remove and inspect the entire power
cable assembly IAW WP 0046 00 of this technical manual, and TM 10-1670-305-23&P, WP 0019 00.
If unserviceable, replace with a new item from stock, then repeat Stroke Simulator Test above. If the
system fails a second time, it must be tagged and removed from service IAW WP 0011 00.