The ram air parachute system consists of:
1. A harness assembly compatible with a free fall secondary (FF-2) and an automatic ripcord release
(AR2) automatic activation devices (AAD) and a single-point canopy release system. The harness
also includes four equipment/lowering line attachment points.
2. A back-mounted container assembly designed to accommodate a main and reserve canopy situated
in tandem with the reserve canopy above the main canopy. The main and reserve canopies are
identical in size and performance with provisions for turning and executing maneuvers prior to
landing. Both canopies are capable of three-to-one glide ratios.
The ram air parachute system has a deployment capability as follows:
1. The deployment of the main canopy is by either the automatic ripcord release or the main ripcord.
2. In the event the main canopy needs to be released during descent or landing, the main parachute
system is equipped with a single-point canopy release system. This system releases both left and
right risers from the same single point at the same instant.
3. Deployment of the reserve canopy is by either a reserve static line connected to the main canopy
risers which is initiated through the single-point canopy release system or by the reserve ripcord.
Free Fall Secondary