0027 00-3/(4 Blank)
5. Remove the rib from the tempered glass being careful not to pull the rib causing additional damage.
1. Carefully cut and remove the rib from the bottom skin exposing the damaged crossport.
2. Apply a basic patch as outlined in WP 0015 00.
3. The patch must extend from the bottom of the rib to the top.
For replacing a crossport, a ¼-inch needle gauge and a double
needle sewing machine with cloth/fabric puller attachment is
4. Using either a light-duty single needle sewing machine or a double needle light/medium-duty sewing
machine with cloth/fabric puller attachment, re-sew the rib to the top and bottom skin using size E
nylon thread, and 7 to 11 stitches per inch.
5. Using a standard size template and hot knife, carefully cut a new crossport into the new fabric as
close to the original construction as possible.
END OF WORK PACKAGE