d. Pack main and reserve parachute assemblies.
e. Conduct the Slack Checker Test (WP 0011 00) and Stroke Simulator Test (WP 0013 00).
REMOVAL OF AR2 AND POWER CABLE ASSEMBLY, RESERVE
1. Ensure that the AR2 JUMP/OFF switch is in the OFF position.
If AR2 has not actuated, go to step 6.
2. If the AR2 has actuated, remove the AR2 and its power cable assembly from the reserve base plate
assembly by removing the two screws, nuts and clamp. These parts (hardware) are accessories
attached to the reserve base plate.
3. Remove the power cable from between the reserve parachute top flap and the reserve ripcord pin
4. Remove the AR2 from the pocket and slowly pull down on the AR2 and power cable removing the
cable through the lower open end of the power cable sleeve.
5. Insert a screwdriver or other suitable tool through eye of power cable to form a T-handle. Secure
AR2. Pull eye of power cable until the AR2 mechanism reaches the cocked position and power cable
remains extended from power housing (requires approximately 70-pounds pull).
6. Remove the AR2 and Power Cable Assembly as follows:
a. Remove AR2 from pocket and unscrew power-housing retainer from spring housing and remove
the AR2 from power cable assembly by disengaging ball of power cable from piston rod. Attach
storage cable and piston rod cap to AR2.
Power Housing Retainer
Power Cable Ball