TM 10-1670-292-23&P 0011 00
(2) Push the static line towards the snap hook, this will allow you to loosen the girth-hitch. Once
you have loosened the girth-hitch, push the 3½-inch loop up the sides of the snap hook. Then
push the static line from the bottom to the top so that you can pass the 3½-inch loop over the
top of the snap hook.
(3) Pull the static line back through the opening in the base of the snap hook.
d. Remove the 5-foot static line extension:
(1) Secure the extension for the 20-foot static line in your right hand and grasp the 15-foot static
line with your left hand.
(2) With the left hand push the 15-foot static line towards the extension for the 20-foot static line.
Once the girth-hitch is loosened, pull the webbing of the extension for the 20-foot static line
through the 3½-inch loop on the 15-foot static line, until it is removed from the 15-foot static
(3) Slide the 2-inch buffer loop over the top of the 15-foot static line.
e. Attach the snap hook to the USL 15-foot configuration:
(1) Position the snap hook so the opening is facing outward; lay the static line flat; ensure the
green ID marking thread is on top, also ensure the green ID marking thread is on the outside
of the 3 ½-inch loop.
(2) Pass the 3½-inch loop end of the static line through the opening in the base of the snap hook,
from the bottom to the top. Pass the top of the snap hook through the static line loop.
(3) Continue passing the snap hook through the static line loop; pull the excess static line back
through the opening in the base of the snap hook until the loop is past the snap hook opening.
(4) Turn the 3½-inch loop outward so the green ID marking thread is now on the inside.
(5) Slide the loop down to the bottom of the snap hook until the static line is fully seated in the
indents on the side of the snap hook, forming a taut girth-hitch. Ensure there is no twists in
the static line snap hook loop.
4. Stow the USL 15-foot configuration. Stow the USL 15-foot configuration in accordance with paragraph
2., STOWING THE USL 15-FOOT STATIC LINE CONFIGURATION paragraph detailed above.
FOLDING THE HARNESS
For easier handling of the MC1-1C/MC1-1D parachute, after packing is completed, fold the harness as