TM 10-1670-292-23&P 0021 00
MC1-1C/MC1-1D TROOP BACK PARACHUTE ASSEMBLY
THIS TASK COVERS:
Knife (Item 13, WP 0042 00)
Knife, Hot Metal (Item 14, WP 0042 00)
Pot, Melting, Electric (Item 24, WP 0042 00)
Sewing Machine, Light-Duty (Table 1, WP 0012 00)
Shears (Item 28, WP 0042 00)
Beeswax (Item 2, WP 0055 00)
Tape, Nylon, Tubular, Type I, 1-Inch Wide (Item 42,
WP 0055 00)
Thread, Nylon, Size E (Item 49/52, WP 0055 00)
92R(10) Parachute Rigger
Unpacked. Laid flat on repair table.
Group No. 01, MAC (WP 0045 00)
Stitch and restitch with nylon thread, size E, that is contrasting in color. Lock all straight stitching by back
stitching at least ½-inch. Restitch over the original stitch pattern.
When installed on a parachute canopy, a pocket band will be positioned on the outside of the lower lateral
band, with a band end attached on each side of a suspension line, thereby allowing a free length of
material to pass over the suspension line. A pocket band that is damaged will be replaced by fabricating
using the following procedures:
1. Place the canopy assembly on a repair table, or other repair surface, with the damaged pocket band
2. Mark the lower lateral band, at each end of the damaged pocket band length.
3. Remove the affected pocket band from the canopy by cutting the stitching securing each of the band
ends to the lower lateral band. Remove stitching on anti-inversion net and place out of the way until
the pocket band is sewn.
4. Fabricate a new pocket band by cutting an 11¾-inch length of type I, tubular nylon tape; sear the
5. Position the replacement pocket band length in the original pocket band location; align the material
ends with the marks made in step 2., above.