TM 10-1670-292-23&P 0038 00
DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
MC1-1C/MC1-1D TROOP BACK PARACHUTE ASSEMBLY
THIS TASK COVERS:
Unpacked. Canopy in proper layout.
Knife (Item 13, WP 0042 00)
Knife, Hot Metal (Item 14, WP 0042 00)
Pot, Melting, Electric (Item 24, WP 0042 00)
Sewing Machine, Medium-Duty, Zig-Zag
(Table 1, WP 0012 00)
Shears (Item 28, WP 0042 00)
92R(10) Parachute Rigger
Beeswax (Item 2, WP 0055 00)
Cord, Nylon, Type II (Item 14, WP 0055 00)
Thread, Nylon, Size E (Item 49/52, WP 0055 00)
Group No. 01, MAC (WP 0045 00)
Replace a suspension line as follows:
1. Place the canopy in proper layout on the repair table or repair surface, and apply partial tension to the
2. Trace the damaged suspension line, from canopy skirt to link assembly.
3. Cut the stitching that holds the line to the canopy skirt and the V-tab. Do not remove the V-tab unless
it is damaged. Cut the stitching that holds the line to the connector link; remove the line.
4. Cut a sufficient length of type II, nylon cord to allow sewing through the V-tab, and tying and sewing at
the connector link. Sear or dip one end of the cord in wax.
5. Pass the seared end of the new cord up through the V-tab. Position the seared end in the exact
location formerly occupied by the old line; sew in place according to details shown in the illustration
below. Use a zig-zag sewing machine, size E nylon thread, and 7 to 11 stitches per inch. Start
sewing ¼-inch below the V-tab.