TM 10-1670-292-23&P 0040 00
7. Upon completion of the accordion folding process, place the folded parachute assembly in a suitable
type container for storage.
Rigger Rolling. Personnel parachute assemblies will be rigger rolled prior to being sent to, or returned
from, a parachute repair activity, for ease of handling and to prevent suspension line entanglement.
Rigger roll a parachute as follows:
1. Place the parachute in proper layout and apply partial tension.
2. Grasp the right and left suspension line groups. Using a fast circular motion, flip each of the two gore
groups up and to the center radial seam. Tighten each gore group roll by hand; bring both rolled gore
groups together at the center radial seam.
3. Release tension and disconnect the canopy vent from the vent-attaching device.
4. Fold the canopy vent down between the rolled gore groups to a point within 18-inches of the canopy
skirt lower edge.