DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
T-10C/T-10D TROOP BACK PARACHUTE ASSEMBLY
THIS TASK COVERS:
Unpacked. Canopy in proper layout.
Knife (Item 14, WP 0039 00)
Knife, Hot Metal (Item 15, WP 0039 00)
Zig-Zag Sewing Machine (Table 1, WP 0012 00)
92R(10) Parachute Rigger
Cord, Nylon, Type II (Item 14, WP 0053 00)
Thread, Nylon, Size E (Item 47/44, WP 0053 00)
Group No. 01, MAC (WP 0053 00)
Repair vent lines requiring restitching, as follows:
1. Use a zig-zag sewing machine to restitch any loose or broken stitches.
2. Restitch over the original stitch pattern using nylon thread, size E. Overstitch ½-inch to lock stitches.
Replace missing or damaged vent lines as follows:
1. Place canopy in proper layout on the table and trace the damaged vent line across the apex, from upper
lateral band to upper lateral band.
2. Remove damaged vent line by cutting stitching that holds the line to the canopy at both sides of the
3. Cut a 27-inch length of type II, nylon cord. Sear or dip ends of cord.