DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
T-10C/T-10D TROOP BACK PARACHUTE ASSEMBLY
THIS TASK COVERS:
Unpacked. Canopy in proper layout.
Knife (Item 14, WP 0039 00)
Knife, Hot Metal (Item 15, WP 0039 00)
Zig-Zag Sewing Machine (Table 1, WP 0012 00)
92R(10) Parachute Rigger
Cord, Nylon, Type II (Item 12, WP 0053 00)
Thread, Nylon, Natural (Item 47/44, WP 0053 00)
Group No. 01, MAC (WP 0042 00)
Replace a suspension line as follows:
1. Place the canopy in proper layout on the repair table or repair surface, and apply partial tension to the
2. Trace the damaged suspension line, from canopy skirt to link assembly.
3. Cut the stitching that holds the line to the canopy skirt and the V-tab. Do not remove the V-tab unless
it is damaged. Cut the stitching that holds the line to the connector link; remove the line.
4. Cut a sufficient length of type II, nylon cord to allow sewing through the V-tab, and tying and sewing at
the connector link. Sear or dip one end of the cord in wax.
5. Pass the seared end of the new cord up through the V-tab. Position the seared end in the exact
location formerly occupied by the old line; sew in place according to details shown in the figure below.
Use a zig-zag sewing machine, size E nylon thread, and 7 to 11 stitches per inch. Start sewing ¼-inch
below the V-tab.