T-10C/T-10D TROOP BACK PARACHUTE ASSEMBLY
PREPARATON FOR STORAGE
THIS WORKPACKAGE COVERS:
General Storage Requirements
Storage Specifics for Parachutes
92R Parachute Rigger
Administrative storage of the T-10C/T-10D Parachute Assembly will be accomplished in accordance with AR
750-1, and the instructions furnished below.
GENERAL STORAGE REQUIREMENTS
To ensure that serviceability standards of the stored parachute assembly are maintained, every effort will be
exerted to adhere to the following storage requirements:
1. When available, a heated building should be used to store parachutes.
2. Parachutes will be stored in a dry, well-ventilated location and protected from pilferage, dampness, fire,
dirt, insects, rodents, and direct sunlight.
3. Parachutes will not be stored in a manner which would prevent ventilation or interfere with light fixtures,
heating vents, fire fighting devices, cooling units, exits, or fire doors.
4. Parachutes will not be stored in a damaged, dirty, or damp condition.
5. All stored parachute items will be marked, segregated, and located for accessibility and easy
6. Parachutes will not be stored in direct contact with any building floor or wall. Storage will be
accomplished using bins, shelves, pallets, racks, or dunnage to provide airspace between the storage
area floor and the equipment. If the pre-constructed shelving or similar storage accommodations are not
available, locally fabricate storage provisions using suitable lumber or wooden boxes.
7. All available materials handling equipment should be used as much as possible in the handling of
8. Periodic rotation of stock, conversion of available space, proper housekeeping policies, and strict
adherence to all safety regulations will be practiced at all times.
STORAGE SPECIFICS FOR PARACHUTES
In addition to the storage requirements stipulated in the general storage requirements, above, the following is
a list of specifics that must be enforced when storing parachutes:
1. Except for those assemblies required for contingency operation, parachutes will not be stored in a