TM 10-1670-296-20&P 0044 00
7. If the OPEN and SHORT LEDs do not go ON when both A-B and C-D circuits are tested, the squib (1)
and squib cable (3) are acceptable to use. If an OPEN or SHORT LED illuminates, either the squib or
squib cable is defective and must be replaced.
8. Remove squib tester from squib cable (3) and turn squib tester OFF.
9. Remove safety cap (4) from EPJD housing (5) and install on J4 end of squib cable (3).
Depending upon mission requirements, the squib may be installed on
EPJD or stored separately. Squib must be stowed or installed with
squib cable and safety cap installed. DO NOT SEPARATE SQUIB
CABLE WITH SAFETY CAP FROM SQUIB. Failure to follow
precautions can result in injury to personnel.
10. If squib is not installed in EPJD, without removing squib cable (3) and safety cap (4), thread squib (1) into
EPJD housing (5). Using 1-inch wrench from tool kit, tighten squib until flush. Do not remove squib cable
and safety cap.
11. Because squib (1) is an explosive device, if not immediately installed in the EPJD, store in accordance
with standard operating procedures, with squib cable (3) and safety cap (4) attached.