TM 10-1670-296-20&P 0044 00
0044 00-5/(6 Blank)
4. If squib (1) is not installed in EPJD, without removing squib cable (20) and safety cap (10), thread squib
into housing (2).
5. Apply a light coating of O-ring lube to a new preformed packing for squib.
After the squib has been installed in the EPJD, handle EPJD from the
bottom only. Failure to do so can result in injury to personnel.
6. If storing EPJD with squib installed, install EPJD and squib cable (20) in cover. Ensure velcro closures
are on the bottom of the EPJD.
1. Replace squib cable helical wrap.
Carefully remove damaged wrap from cable.
Inspect cable for damage IAW WP 0005 00. If cable is in good working condition continue to step c.,
below. If cable is unserviceable, replace with a serviceable item from stock.
Cut suitable length of helical wrap.
Open one end of wrap and rewrap cable ensuring helical wrap covers entire length of squib cable.
2. If cable is unserviceable, replace squib cable with a serviceable item from stock.
END OF WORK PACKAGE