TM 10-1670-296-20&P 0045 00
ANCILLARY EQUIPMENT FOR LOW VELOCITY AIR DROP SYSTEMS (LVADS)
THIS TASK COVERS:
Power Supply, 28 VDC (Item 25, WP 0064 00)
Simulator, Initiator (Item 43, WP 0064 00)
Box, Control (Item 1, WP 0104 00)
Cable, Power, 20-Foot (Item 1, WP 0110 00)
LED (Item 16/17, WP 0125 00)
Y-Connector (Item 1, WP 0101 00)
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Separated from the Y-connector
WP 0005 00; WP 0007 00
Inspect the Y-connector in accordance with WP 0007 00 and WP 0005 00, Table 1.
Test the LED.
1. Ensure the POWER and JETTISON switches of a serviceable control box are both OFF. Connect J1 of
the Y-connector to J2 of the control box. Connect the P1 plug of a serviceable power cable to the J1
receptacle of the control box.
2. Connect the P2 plug of the power cable to the 27 VDC power supply.
3. Plug the 28 VDC power supply cord into the 115 VAC power source.
4. Turn the power supply ON. Ensure the control box circuit breaker is pushed in. Set the POWER switch
of the control box to the ON position.
5. Rotate the DIMMER adjust knob on the control box fully clockwise.
6. Press the LAMP TEST switch on the Y-connector. If the LED does not light, set the control box POWER
switch to the OFF position and replace LED. If the LED does light, set the control box POWER switch to
the OFF position and continue with steps 7 through 9.
7. Ensure the circuit breaker switches of the initiator simulator are in the ON position. Connect the J1
connector (quick disconnect) of the initiator simulator to the J3 receptacle of the Y-connector.
8. Set the control box POWER switch to the ON position and activate the JETTISON SWITCH on the control
box. The circuit breaker switches should trip to the OFF position. If they do not, replace the Y-connector.
If they do, return Y-connector to service.
9. Turn 28 VDC power supply OFF and disconnect from 115 VAC power source. Disconnect initiator
simulator from Y-connector; disconnect Y-connector from control box; disconnect 20-foot power cable
from control box and 28 VDC power supply.
10. Return pieces and parts to proper storage location.