TM 10-1670-296-20&P 0048 00
ANCILLARY EQUIPMENT FOR LOW VELOCITY AIR DROP SYSTEMS (LVADS)
PLATFORM CABLE (ALL)/ 4-FOOT EXTENSION CABLE (C-5 and C-17 only)
THIS TASK COVERS:
Power Supply, 28 VDC (Item 27, WP 0064 00)
Simulator, Initiator (Item 43, WP 0064 00)
Box, Control (Item 1, WP 0104 00)
Cable, Interconnect, 10-Foot (Item 1, WP 0108 00)
Cable, Platform, 10-Foot (Item 1, WP 0107 00)
Cable, Power, 20-Foot (Item 1, WP 0110 00)
Y-Connector (Item 1, WP 0101 00)
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
WP 0005 00; WP 0007 00
Inspect all platform cables and the 4-foot interconnect cables in accordance with WP 0007 00 and WP 0005
00, Table 1.
Test cable continuity.
1. Ensure the POWER and JETTISON switches of a serviceable control box are both OFF.
2. Connect the P13 connector of the 4-foot extension cable to the J3 connector of a serviceable Y-
3. Connect the P1 plug of a serviceable interconnect cable to the J1 receptacle of a serviceable Y-
4. Connect the P2 plug of the interconnect cable to the J2 receptacle of a serviceable control box.
5. Connect the P1 plug of a serviceable power cable to the J2 receptacle of the control box.
6. Connect the P2 plug of the power cable to the 28 VDC power supply.
7. Plug 28 VDC power supply cord into 115 VAC power source.
8. Connect the J1 receptacle of a serviceable initiator simulator to the J13 connector of the 4-foot extension
cable. Make sure the two circuit breakers on the initiator simulator are set to ON.
9. Turn the power supply ON. Ensure the control box circuit breaker is pushed in.
10. Set POWER switch of the control box to ON.
11. Rotate the DIMMER adjust knob on the control box fully clockwise.
12. Check that one LED on the control box is lit, and the LED on the Y-connector is lit.