TM 10-1670-296-20&P 0050 00
ANCILLARY EQUIPMENT FOR LOW VELOCITY AIR DROP SYSTEMS (LVADS)
50-FOOT MAIN CABLE
0050 00-1/(2 Blank)
THIS TASK COVERS:
Power Supply, 28 VDC (Item 27, WP 0064 00)
Box, Control (Item 1, WP 0104 00)
Cable, Power, 20-Foot (Item 1, WP 0110 00)
Y-Connector (Item 1, WP 0101 00)
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
WP 0005 00; WP 0007 00
Inspect the 50-foot main cable in accordance with WP 0007 00 and WP 0005 00, Table 1.
Test cable continuity.
1. Ensure the POWER and JETTISON switches of a serviceable control box are both OFF.
2. Connect the P1 plug of the main cable to the J1 receptacle of a serviceable Y-connector.
3. Connect the P2 plug of the main cable to the J2 receptacle of a serviceable control box.
4. Connect the P1 plug of a serviceable power cable to the J1 receptacle of the control box.
5. Connect the P2 plug of the power cable to the 28 VDC power supply.
6. Plug 28 VDC power supply cord into the 115 VAC power source.
7. Turn the power supply ON. Ensure the control box circuit breaker is pushed in. Set the POWER switch
of the control box to the ON position.
8. Rotate the DIMMER adjust knob on the control box fully clockwise.
9. Press the LAMP TEST switch on the Y-connector. If the LED(s) do light up, the 50-foot main cable is
serviceable. If the LED(s) do not light up, replace the 50-foot main cable.
10. Turn 28 VDC power supply OFF and disconnect from 115 VAC power source. Disconnect 20-foot power
cable from 28 VDC power supply and control box.
11. Return pieces and parts to proper storage location.
Replace an unserviceable 50-foot main cable with a serviceable item from stock.
END OF WORK PACKAGE