TM 10-1670-296-20&P 0059 00
ANCILLARY EQUIPMENT FOR LOW VELOCITY AIR DROP SYSTEMS (LVADS)
THIS TASK COVERS:
Power Supply, 28 VDC (Item 25, WP 0064 00)
Screwdriver, Cross-Tip, No. 1 (Item 27, WP 0064 00)
Battery, AAA, 2 ea. (Item 2, WP 0125 00)
LED, Red (Item 17, WP 0125 00)
Wire, 20-gauge (Item 39, WP 0125 00)
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
WP 0005 00; WP 0007 00
Perform a technical/rigger type inspection of the squib tester in accordance with WP 0007 00 and WP 0005
00, Table 1.
Testing batteries and LED.
1. Set CIRCUIT SELECT switch to A-B.
2. Set POWER switch to ON. OPEN LED should illuminate. If OPEN LED does not illuminate, skip to
3. Set CIRCUIT SELECT switch to C-D. OPEN LED should illuminate. Replace squib tester if OPEN LED
does not illuminate.
4. Using a suitable length of 20-gauge or smaller wire (paperclip is equivalent), connect receptacle pins C
and D. SHORT LED should illuminate. If SHORT LED does not illuminate, skip to REPAIR procedure
5. Remove wire from pins C and D and connect receptacle pins A and B.
6. Set CIRCUIT SELECT to A-B. SHORT LED should illuminate. If SHORT LED does not illuminate,
replace squib tester.
7. If LEDs illuminate properly, remove wire, turn POWER switch to OFF, and return squib tester to service.