TM 10-1670-296-20&P 0059 00
Replacing batteries and LEDs.
1. Remove three pan-head screws and cover from squib tester.
When replacing batteries, always replace both batteries.
2. Replace batteries; make sure to orient battery (+) and (-) terminals as shown in battery holder.
3. Set POWER switch to ON. If OPEN LED illuminates, test is complete.
4. Replace LED D1. Orient LED as shown in following illustration.
5. If OPEN LED illuminates, proceed with WP 0047 00, CONTROL BOX. If OPEN LED does not illuminate,
replace squib tester.
6. Replace LED D2. Orient LED as shown in previous illustration.
7. Verify receptacle pins C and D are connected. CIRCUIT SELECT switch is set to C-D and POWER
switch is ON. SHORT LED should illuminate. If SHORT LED illuminates, proceed with WP 0047 00,
CONTROL BOX. If SHORT LED does not illuminate, verify correct installation. If short LED still does not
illuminate, replace squib tester.
8. Remove wire connecting receptacle pins A and B. Replace cover and three pan-head screws and return
squib tester to service.
END OF WORK PACKAGE