Column 6, Description and Usable on Code (UOC). This column includes the following information:
1. The federal item name and, when repaired, a minimum description to identify the item.
2. P/Ns for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line entry for the to be manufactured or
3. Hardness Critical Item (HCI). A support item that provides the equipment with special protection from
electromagnetic pulse (EMP) damage during a nuclear attack.
4. The statement END OF FIGURE appears just below the last item description in column (6) for a given
figure in both the repair parts list and special tools list work packages.
Column 7, QTY. The QTY (quantity per figure) column indicates the quantity of the item used in the
breakout shown on the illustration/figure, which is prepared for a functional group, sub-functional group, or
an assembly. A V appearing in the column instead of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and
quantity may change from application to application.
EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS
1. National Stock Number (NSN) Index Work Package.
STOCK NUMBER Column. This column lists the NSN by National Item Identification Number (NIIN)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN, i.e.
When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits of the NSN. However, the
complete NSN should be used when ordering items by stock number.
FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The figures
are in numerical order in the repair parts list and special tools list work packages.
ITEM column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent FIG.
column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
2. Part Number (P/N) Index Work Package.
P/Ns in this index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (vertical arrangement of letter and
number combinations which places the first letter or digit of each group in order A through Z, followed by the
numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or digit in like order).
PART NUMBER Column. Indicates the P/N assigned to the item.
FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in the repair
pats list and special tools list work packages.