TM 10-1670-296-20&P 0126 00
ANCILLARY EQUIPMENT FOR LOW VELOCITY AIR DROP SYSTEMS (LVADS)
ILLUSTRATED LIST OF MANUFACTURED ITEMS
10-FOOT ARMING WIRE LANYARD
1. Make from webbing, nylon, ½-IN. tubular, color OD, P/N MIL-W-4088 and thread, nylon, size FF,
2. Cut a 124 ½-IN. length and a 7 ½-IN., length of webbing and sear the ends of both webbing lengths.
3. Mark the 124 ½-IN. length of webbing at points 3, 4 ½, and 13-inches from one end.
4. Form the arming wire attaching loop on the webbing length by folding the marked end of the webbing
back at the 4 ½-IN. mark.
5. Using a zig-zag sewing machine stitching 7 to 11 stitches per inch, secure the webbing fold-back.
Beginning at the 3-inch mark, stitch a 2 15/16 IN. long row of ¼-inch-wide double throw zigzag
stitching toward the fold-back seared end. End the stitch row at a point 1/6-IN. back from the fold-back
6. Mark the 7 ½-IN. webbing length at points 3 and 4-inches from one end.
7. Form the safety tie loop by doubling the webbing length at the 4-IN. mark, allowing one end to overlap
the opposite end by ½-IN.
8. Position the folded 7 ½-IN. webbing length on the 124 ½-IN. webbing length with the 3-IN. long end of
the folded webbing face-down and the folded end aligned with the 13-IN. mark made in step 2.,
9. Beginning at the 3-IN. mark, secure the folded webbing length by stitching as outlined in step 5.,