d. Replace the leather reinforcements follows:
(1) Cut an 8-inch square of 6/64-inch thick leather (1)
(2) Cut stitching along side and bottom of weapons case, and remove damaged reinforcement from case.
(3) Position new leather square (1) on one side of case with rough side of leather as shown.
(4) Sew along one side of reinforcement, 1/8 inch from edge (2) using size 5 thread, 5 to 8 stitches per inch and
a type VHD sewing machine.
(5) Fold case, aligning sides as in original construction. Fold leather reinforcement and sew to other side of case,
4-3/4 inches from bottom of case (3) using size 5 thread, 5 to 8 stitches per inch and a type VHD sewing machine.
(6) Restitch side and bottom of case according to original construction. Backstitch at least 1/2 inch.