(b) Adapter portion (1). Replace damaged adapter portion of handle strap (2) with a 14-1/2-inch length of webbing
1. Cut strap along edge (3) of harness, and remove adapter (4).
2. Cut stitching, and remove lowering line pocket (5).
3. Pass one end of replacement webbing through adapter and fold end under 2-1/2 inches.
4. Position webbing on harness, with long end extending to leading edge (6) of second perpendicular web.
Stitch webbing to harness using size 3 thread, 5 to 8 stitches per inch and a type HD sewing machine.
5. Replace lowering line pocket as described in d. above.