C-3. EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS. (Sections II and III). (CONT)
characteristics of the item by means of its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to
identify an item or range of items.
When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a different part
number from the part ordered.
e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) Column (5). This column includes the following information:
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The physical security classification of the item is indicated by the parenthetical entry (insert applicable
physical security classification abbreviation, Phy Sec C1 (C) -Confidential, Phy Sec C1 (S) - Secret, Phy Sec C1 (T) Top
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled item
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same modes, the effective serial numbers are
shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(7) The UOC, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special Information).
(8) In the Special Tools List section, the BOI appears as the last line(s) in the entry for each special tool,
special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipment supported exceeds density spread
indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased proportionately.