C-3. EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS. (Sections II and III). (CONT)
(9) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in column 5 for a given
figure in both section II and section III.
f. OTY (Column (6)). The quantity per figure column indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout
shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly. A "V"
appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and the quantity may vary from
application to application.
C-4. EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (SECTION IV).
a. NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX.
(1) STOCK NUMBER Column. The NSN column lists the NSN by National Item Identification Number (NIIN)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN (i.e., NSN 5305-01-740-1467) When using this column to
locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits of the NSN. However, the complete NSN should be used when ordering items by
(2) FIGURE Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The
figures are in numerical order in section II and section III.
(3) ITEM Column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent FIG.
column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. PART NUMBER INDEX. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alpha-numeric
sequence (i.e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first letter or digit of each group
in order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or digit in like order).
(1) CAGEC Column. The Contractor and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) column contains a 5-digit
numeric code used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
(2) PART NUMBER Column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm,
corporation, or Government activity) that controls the design and characteristics