C-5. SPECIAL INFORMATION. (CONT)
are shown as "UOC..." in the Description Column (justified left) on the first line applicable item description/nomenclature.
Uncoded items are applicable to all models.
b. FABRICATION INSTRUCTIONS. Bulk materials required to manufacture items are listed in the Bulk Material
functional group of this RPSTL. Part numbers for bulk materials are also referenced in the DESCRIPTION column of the
line item to be manufactured/fabricated. Detailed fabrication instructions for item source codes to be manufactured or
fabricated are found in FM 10-16.
c. INDEX NUMBERS. Items which have the word "BULK" in the FIGURE column will have an index number
shown in the ITEM NUMBER column. This index number is a cross-reference between the National Stock Number/Part
Number Index and the bulk material list in Section II.
C-6. HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Not Known:
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly groups, and listings are
divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and use the Figure and Item Number Index to find the NSN.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known:
(1) First. Using the National Stock Number or the Part Number Index, find the pertinent National Stock
Number or Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence. The part numbers
in the Part Number index are listed in ascending alpha-numeric sequence. Both indexes cross-reference you to the
illustration/figure and item number of the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. Turn to the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you're looking for, then locate
the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.