a. Repair a lowering line and attaching web by restitching as required using size E thread, 7 to 11 stitches per inch
and an HD sewing machine.
b. Replace the hook and pile fastener on the lowering line pocket as follows:
(1) Remove damaged piece of hook (1) and/or pile (2) fastener.
(2) Cut a new 2 inch length of hook tape (1).
(3) Place a mark, 3/8 inch, and 2-3/8 inches from the retainer binding on the folded loop side of the 1 inch
wide lowering line.
(4) With hook side facing up, position the 2 inch hook tape between the 3/8 and the 2-3/8 inch markings, and
stitch with a single box stitch, using size E thread, 7 to 11 stitches per inch and an HD sewing machine.
(5) Place a mark 1 inch from the binding edge on the pile flap retainer at the folded loop end of the lowering
(6) With pile side facing up, position edge of 4 inch pile tape on 1 inch marking with opposite end extending
over binding edge. Stitch to pile flap retainer with a single box X stitch using size E thread, 7 to 11 stitches per inch and
an HD sewing machine.