POWER CABLE ASSEMBLY, MAIN/RESERVE
INSTALL POWER CABLE ASSEMBLY
1. The following instructions describe attachment of the power cable assembly to the AR2.
Detailed instructions for installation of AR2 power cable assembly into parachute system are
given in TM10-1670-287-23&P or service specific parachute packing manuals.
When attaching the power cable assembly to the AR2, always verify proper
engagement of ball end of power cable with piston rod of AR2 by looking through
transparent plastic cable seal retainer. Cable seal retainer and power cable seal
must be present to ensure correct seating of power cable ball. If ball is not
engaged with piston rod, or if cable seal retainer is missing, actuation of AR2 will
fail to pull ripcord pins, which may result in death of parachutist.
Finger tighten the power housing retainer. Do not use pliers or other tools that
will overtighten power housing retainer and possibly damage retainer.
If AR2 is to be stored, install storage cable and piston rod cap instead of power
cable (Refer to preparation for storage, this work package).
2. Hook ball of power cable into recess in piston rod.
3. Slide power housing over piston rod and install power housing retainer finger tight on spring
4. Verify that ball is engaged by looking through transparent cable seal retainer.
5. Verify that JUMP/OFF switch is in OFF position.
END OF WORK PACKAGE
0019 00-5/6 Blank