0021 00-7/8 Blank
TEST CHAMBER ASSEMBLY, MODEL 452
10. Install replacement altimeter (26) into control housing (6) and secure with three screws (27).
Compression nuts used on pneumatic tube connections to air compressor (13) ,
vacuum pump (14), altimeter (26) and other components, such as the altitude
chamber, are to be finger-tightened only. Do not use wrenches; overtightening
will not give an improved seal but will hasten the splitting of compression sleeves
and pneumatic tubes.
11. Connect tubing (22) to elbow (20) using compression nut (21). Attach and fasten electrical
connector (16) to altimeter (26). Take care to correctly align connector (16) with the mating
receptacle on altimeter (26) when assembling these parts.
12. Reassemble housing panel (19) to control housing (6) and secure with four screws (18).
13. Plug power cord into 110 VAC outlet.
14. Switch test chamber on.
15. Position CLIMB/FALL/COCK switch to CLIMB.
16. Turn altitude control regulator knob counterclockwise until altitude shown on altimeter
reaches 35,000 feet.
17. Position CLIMB/FALL/COCK switch to FALL and wait until altitude falls below 25,000 feet;
press and hold RAPID FALL DUMP switch until chamber reaches ground elevation.
18. Open carrying case (2) and carefully lower mounting base (29) with attached components
into carrying case (2). Close and secure carrying case.
END OF WORK PACKAGE