0022 00-7/8 Blank
ELECTRONIC TEST CHAMBER ASSEMBLY, MODEL 453
2. Install vacuum pump/compressor (4) as follows:
a. Position vacuum pump/compressor (4) on mounting base (9); secure with four screws
(16) and washers (17) from underside of mounting base (9).
b. Connect electrical cable from vacuum pump/compressor (4) to connector (11) on control
assembly. Attach vacuum pump/compressor electrical plug to VAC pump connector (11)
on control assembly (3).
Compression nuts used on pneumatic tubing are to be finger-tightened only. Do
not use wrenches; over tightening will not give an improved seal but will hasten
the splitting of compression sleeves and pneumatic tubing.
c. Connect tubing to vacuum pump/compressor (4) using compression nuts (13 and 15)
3. Use lint-free cleaning cloth and isopropyl alcohol (anhydrous) to clean areas where decals
were mounted. Peel protective back and install new decals as follows, making sure to
transfer serial number identification:
a. Control Assembly decal (located on the back of the control assembly ).
b. Two identification decals; one on the mounting base of the test chamber (9); the other on
the carrying case (2).
4. Install new altitude chamber gasket in groove in altitude chamber (refer to figure). Be sure
tension in gasket is equalized around its entire length.
5. Conduct Altitude Stability Test at 35,000 feet (WP 0010 00)
6. Open carrying case (2) and carefully lower mounting base (9) with attached components into
carrying case (2). Close and secure carrying case.
CALIBRATION AND ADJUSTMENT
Refer to direct support maintenance (WP 0025 00)
END OF WORK PACKAGE