PREPARATION FOR STORAGE OR SHIPMENT
AUTOMATIC RIPCORD RELEASE, MODEL 451, PREPARATION FOR STORAGE OR
SHIPMENT USING MODEL 453 ELECTRONIC TEST CHAMBER ASSEMBLY
PREPARATION FOR STORAGE
Do not transport or store AR2 without piston rod cap storage cable or power
cable attached. External forces or impacts applied to the piston rod may cause
unit to malfunction. Any unit subjected to external forces or impact must be
tested and, if necessary, removed from service.
Make sure the AR2 is cocked, and the JUMP/OFF switch is set to OFF.
1. Pass ball end of storage cable (3) through piston rod cap (5) and then engage recess of
piston rod. Attach piston rod cap (5) to spring housing (6) of AR2. Pull eye end of storage
cable (3) to verify correct engagement.
2. Open lid of altitude chamber (7) and if necessary remove cocking support (9) (refer to
illustration on page 00-1).
3. Move air cylinder rod (4) as far to the right as it will go, approximately 1 inch.
4. Set AR2 altitude dial (1) to 1,000 feet above local MSL altitude.
5. Place AR2 in altitude chamber as shown.
6. Carefully close altitude chamber lid (7).
7. Set test chamber ON/OFF switch to ON.
8. Press and hold HOLD DOWN TO SET switch; use SET ALTITUDE control to set altitude to
2500 feet above the altitude set on AR2 dial.
9. Ensure DUMP circuit is disengaged.
10. Press GO TO ALT AND DWELL switch.