PREPARATION FOR STORAGE OR SHIPMENT - CONT
AUTOMATIC RIPCORD RELEASE, MODEL 451, PREPARATION FOR STORAGE OR
SHIPMENT USING MODEL 453 ELECTRONIC TEST CHAMBER ASSEMBLY - CONT
11. Use altitude chamber JUMP switch lever to set AR2 JUMP/OFF switch to JUMP.
12. Press DUMP switch and allow AR2 to actuate. Observe that storage cable is drawn partially
into the AR2.
13. Set JUMP/OFF switch to OFF.
14. Set test chamber ON/OFF switch to OFF.
15. Open altitude chamber lid and remove AR2 with piston rod cap and storage cable attached.
Verify that storage cable is correctly attached by pulling on eye end.
AR2 units shall be shelf stored in clean, dry area and protected from accumulation of dirt.
Do not transport or store AR2 without piston rod cap, storage cable, or power
cable attached. External forces or impacts applied to the piston rod may cause
unit to malfunction. Any unit subjected to external forces or impact must be
tested and, if necessary, removed from service.
With AR2 storage cable and piston rod cap installed, ensure that the AR2 JUMP/OFF switch is
OFF. Protect AR2 with bubble pack and package using standard packing materials.