REPAIR PARTS AND SPECIAL TOOL LIST (RPSTL) - CONT
GENERAL - CONT
1. The federal item name, and when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
2. P/Ns of bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line entry to be manufactured or
3. Hardness Critical Item (HCI). A support item that provides the equipment with special
protection from electromagnetic pulse (EMP) damage during a nuclear attack.
4. The statement END of FIGURE appears just below the last item description in column (6) for
a given figure in both the repair parts list and special tools list work packages.
5. QTY (column (7). The QTY (quantity per figure) column indicates the quantity of the item
used in the breakout shown on the illustration/figure, which is prepared for a functional group,
subfunctional group, or an assembly. A V appearing in this column instead of a quantity
indicates that the quantity is variable and quantity may change from application to application.
EXPLANATION OF CROSS-REFERENCE INDEXES
WORK PACKAGES FORMAT AND COLUMNS
1. National Stock Number (NSN) Index Work Package.
STOCK NUMBER Column. This column lists the NSN in National item identification number
(NIIN) sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN.
When using this column to locate an item,
ignore the first four digits of the NSN.
However, the complete NSN should be used
when ordering items by stock number.
FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The
figures are in numerical order in the repair parts list and special tools list work packages.
ITEM Column. Th item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent
FIG. Column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
2. Part Number (P/N) Index Work package. P/Ns in this index are listed in ascending
alphanumeric sequence (vertical arrangement of letter and number combinations which
places the first letter or digit of each group in order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0
through 9 and each following letter or digit in like order).
PART NUMBER Column. Indicates the P/N assigned to the item.
FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in the
repair parts list and special tools list work packages.
ITEM Column. The item number is the number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure
referenced in the adjacent figure number column.