MC-6 PERSONNEL PARACHUTE SYSTEM
This chapter contains information necessary to maintain the MC-6, on the unit and direct support
maintenance levels, in accordance with the Maintenance Allocation Chart (MAC) for the equipment. It
includes the following:
1. Procedures for processing a new or used parachute assembly upon receipt.
2. Assembly of components prior to packing.
3. Preventive maintenance procedures to ensure continued serviceability of all components.
4. As required inspections and maintenance procedures performed prior to packing such as shakeout
and airing, cleaning and drying, and salt-water contamination tests.
5. Detailed packing procedures.
6. Repair methods and repair (or replacement) procedures for all components of the parachute
Common Tools and Equipment. For authorized common tools and equipment, refer to the Modified
Table of Organization and Equipment or Table of Distribution and Allowances (MTOE/TDA) applicable to
Special Tools, TMDE, and Support Equipment. Tools and equipment that must be fabricated are listed
in WP 0113 00 of this manual.
Repair Parts. Repair parts are listed and illustrated in WP 0098 00 through WP 0108 00 of this manual.
END OF WORK PACKAGE
0004 00-1/(2 Blank)