4. Ensure the running ends are routed over that part of the lacing length located along the log record
Figure 12. Routing Lacing Loose End Through Log Record Centerfold.
5. Complete the attachment tie by making a half hitch on top of the slip loop made in step 2, above.
6. Thread one running end of the log record attachment tie in a tacking needle and pass the tacking
needle, with attached end, through the edge binding of the applicable parachute log record/ inspection
7. Remove the lacing end from the tacking needle; make a finished 10-inch long log record attaching
loop by securing the two lacing ends together with an overhand knot.
DA FORM 3912
,1 JUN 79
FORM 3912, 1 A
WHICH WILL B
E USED UNTIL
Figure 13. Log Record Attachment Tie Completed.
8. Insert the log record into the pocket and secure the record within the pocket using the pocket flap and
applicable type flap fastener.