6. If the pack tray and ripcord handle are new (part of a T-11R assembly), or a new replacement pack
tray or handle, submit an Standard Form (SF) 368, Product Quality Deficiency Report (PQDR) for the
Conduct a 27-pound maximum ripcord pull test as follows:
1. Place the handle cuff over the T-11R ripcord handle so that the grommets are below the handle and
2. While standing at the pack frame with the T-11R positioned for the pull test, carefully attach a 27-
pound weight to the ripcord grip and very slowly remove your hands from under the weight to allow the
weight to be very slowly transferred to the ripcord grip. Do not release the weight suddenly or let it
drop since this will invalidate the test.
3. If the 27-pound weight does not withdraw the ripcord pins and handle, remove the weight and re-
inspect the ripcord pins and ripcord handle to ensure there are no bent pins. Ensure proper alignment
of the handle tuck tabs. Bent pins or misaligned tuck tabs can significantly increase the ripcord
withdrawal force. If ripcord pins and handle are serviceable, reseat the pins and tuck tabs and
conduct a retest.
4. The retest must be performed 5 times. Conduct retest by repacking the T-11R IAW WP 0016 00 and
repeat step 1.
5. Upon completion of the retest (5 iterations), if 27-pound weight does withdraw the ripcord pins and
ripcord handle each of the 5 times, it passes the test.
6. If during any one of the 5-retest iterations the 27-pound weight does not withdrawal the ripcord pins
and ripcord handle, then remove the T-11R assembly, replacement pack tray or ripcord handle (which
ever is applicable), from service and follow instructions in step 7 below.
7. If the pack tray and ripcord handle are new (part of a T-11R assembly), or a new replacement pack
tray or handle, submit a PQDR for the new item.
8. If the T-11R passes both the 14 and 27-pound ripcord pull test, repack the T-11R IAW WP 0016 00.
9. Annotate completion of this test (test conducted, name of tester, date completed) on the notes page of
the parachute log record book (DA Form 3912).