RECEIPT OF USED PARACHUTE
Upon initial receipt of used parachute, proceed as follows:
1. Follow procedures given in the General Procedures for Air Delivery Equipment paragraph, above, and
check each component for excessive wear and tear.
2. If defects or damages are discovered, process the parachute for maintenance at the maintenance
level assigned by the Maintenance Allocation Chart (MAC), WP 0097 00.
When a parachute is received at the maintenance activity, following its use by the parachutist during air
delivery, it must be given a shakeout and aired (WP 0010 00), and if necessary, cleaned (WP 0011 00)
before it can be returned to service. If a parachute is issued but is not used, it does not need to be given a
shakeout; however, it must be given a routine inspection by a qualified parachute rigger (MOS 92R).
CHECKING UNPACKED EQUIPMENT AFTER SHIPMENT
1. Inspect equipment for damage incurred during shipment. If the equipment has been damaged, report
the damage on a SF 361, Transportation Discrepancy Report (TDR).
2. Check the equipment against the packing slip to see if the shipment is complete. Report all
discrepancies in accordance with the instructions in DA PAM 750-8.
3. Check to see whether the equipment has been modified.
END OF WORK PACKAGE